Post Surgical Care
Post surgical care is a crucial component to the the path of recovery. While it may be a comfortable environment for the patient, for the rest of the family, taking care of the patient without the specialised facilities is a huge responsibility. This is where Medfind steps in, where we bring specialised facilities of the hospital to your home through our skilled nurses. We understand that under no circumstances do you wish to compromise about the health of your loved one.
We at Medfind understand that post surgical care varies from patient to patient, which is why we have 3 types of healthcare professionals you can choose from:
- Skilled nurse: When a patient has gone through a major surgery, even after getting discharged from the hospital, numerous parameters such as blood pressure, temperature etc. need to be regularly monitored for a speedy recovery. Just like the nurses at the hospital, Medfind provides skilled nurses who take care of all these aspects and also manage medication, dressing, vaccination etc.
- Trained Attendant: Apart from medicines, hygiene is also a crucial aspect of post surgical care. Our trained attendants will be responsible for the hygiene of your loved one by assisting them when they need to use the toilet, change and take a bath.
- Physiotherapy: A good physiotherapist is useful to gently assist the patient to the path of mobility. Medfind provides well-trained physiotherapists at your doorstep.
Related: Doctor Visit at Home
What does post surgical care include?
The main consideration after any surgery is wound and pain management, and the post surgical team at Medfind has been trained to handle and monitor it efficiently. Surgeries can also affect a person emotionally, so our team ensures that your loved one is also recovering mentally.
Bedsores are also common after surgeries. In fact, if not paid attention to, they can result in severe infection for the patient and hinder the recovery process. Thus, our team has been instructed to change the dressing of their patients at least 2-3 times a day to avoid any such infections.
Other things that the post surgical care at home include are:
- Bladder and Bowel Management
- Catheter Care
- Ventilator Management
- Vaccination Management
- Injections and IV infusion
- Wound Care
- Oxygen Administration
- Proper Feeding
- Assistance with toileting
Bed Sore management is another important aspect that needs to be taken care of. These seem like small wounds but they are the core reason for spreading infection inside the body after a person has been operated upon. Bed Sore is the gateway of infection in such patients. Proper management includes change of dressing 2-3 times a day.
My mother went through a major cardiac surgery two months back after suffering from a heart stroke.
After spending a couple of weeks in the hospital, my mother was better and the doctor suggested that we take her home. While we were relieved to finally discharge her from the hospital, we were also slightly worried as we were uncertain if we could take proper care of her at home. My husband’s colleague told us about Medfind and their services. We immediately contacted them and requested for a skilled nurse and a trained attendant. Both of them have been working with us for 1.5 months now and they're excellent at their job. The nurse ensures that my mother takes her medicines on time. She also keeps a check on her diet. The attendant bathes my mother every morning and helps her in relieving herself. She makes her bed every day and washes all her clothes. We are very happy to see my mother recovering so fast and highly recommend Medfind's services.
At Medfind, we understand that you might not require an assistant for 24 hours, but just a helping hand at times, which is why we offer both flexible timings and full-time attendants for you to choose from:
- Nurses and trained attendants:
- Day nurse / trained attendant – 8 am to 8 pm
- Night nurse / trained attendant – 8pm to 8 am
- Full time nurse / trained attendant – 24 hours (accommodation provided by you)
- As directed by the doctor. Usually there are 1 – 3 sessions per day.
Who can benefit?
Hiring an attendant to help with post surgical care will help you share an important responsibility with a person specialised and trained in this field. You can rest assured that your loved one will be provided the best facilities at home.
Related: Home nurse service
- All nurses have experience in ICUs in some of the top hospitals of India
- Our nurses are constantly in touch with the doctors at the Medfind office for guidance and consultation.
- All the trained attendants at Medfind are selected after thorough background check, and on selection are trained by experts on how to take care of the patient after a surgery.
- Our physiotherapists have years of experience and formulate a different approach for every patient, based on their needs.
Have questions? Ask them now!